About the Company:
We have developed the next generation of mobile payments – a disruptive technology allowing seamless checkout via the mobile device at any retailer. Our mission is to provide retailers the freedom and flexibility to offer all payment methods. Using our all-in-one digital payments network, we enable shoppers to seamlessly checkout with a variety of digital payments, e-wallets and other alternative forms of payment at physical merchants and brick-and-mortar stores.
SensePass is expanding in North America, where we are experiencing high demand for our solution with Mid Market and Enterprise merchants. We are seeking an experienced business development leader to lead our partnership channels and business development activity in North America.
About the Role:
As VP of Biz Dev, you will be responsible for building, leading, and setting the overall business development strategy for the company and will be a key member of the senior leadership team leading profitable growth of the business. You will assume responsibility for establishing new partnerships with POS vendors, ISV’s, payment providers and distributors in North America. You will also be working closely with existing partners to manage these channels and expand the relationships to maximize value. You will work closely with our CEO and the VP of Sales to build the company’s go-to-market strategy and you will be responsible for executing it.
- Lead the overall business development strategy for the company, market segment strategy, competitive differentiation and business models.
- Identify new business development opportunities, partnerships and alliances with POS vendors, ISV’s, payment providers and distributors to enable expansion and scale of our technology and products in North America.
- Manage and nurture existing partnership channels to expand collaborations and maximize value for the company.
- Developing and executing business development plans and strategies to achieve company’s revenue goals.
- Develop and track partnerships forecasts, goals and corresponding initiatives based upon overall strategy, market conditions and operational capabilities.
- 4+ years of prior business development, sales or partnership management experience
- Experience working in North America – Must
- Previous experience in retail technology, POS systems – Must
- Strong background and knowledge in the payments ecosystem, payment processing or Fintech – Advantage
- A proven leader and builder of business development organizations and processes
- Successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and corporate business development plan
- Experience working with C level managers and large accounts
- Competitive nature with a strong passion to exceed personal and professional goals
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively, both on a team and individually, in a high energy, ever-changing, dynamic sales environment
- Creative, resourceful and passionate
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Must be capable of traveling frequently
- Team player